GBA or Game Boy Advance is the last and latest edition of the Nintendo PlayStation series. Nintendo’s handheld gaming consoles have come with a new name of Game Boy. GBA is renowned as a part of the sixth generation of video gaming playstation. With a new illuminated screen resolution the redesigned model of GBA comes with both frontlit and backlit screen.
Now, the fact is, buying a new Game Boy Advance gaming would make you spend more than 150 dollars. But if you have an iOS device you can install a GBA emulator and enjoy any Game Boy Advance game on your iOS device.
GBA emulator is such a software that makes your device emulate or pretend like a Game Boy gaming console. The emulator software reads your device ROM and helps it to act like Game Boy. With a few different manners, the emulator software translates the ROM programming of your device into relevant codes. Basically, GBA emulator helps your Apple device to work for Game Boy games while playing the same, simultaneously pretending to work natively.
There are several GBA emulators for Androids as well as Apple devices. However, in this article, we will discuss the compatibility of GBA4iOS on iOS 9, along with its features, installation process, it’s pros and cons and other related queries to GBA emulator.
The best features of GBA emulator:
GBA4IOS is the most downloaded and popular Game Boy emulator that supports any Apple device. This emulator app was developed by Riley Testut. The best part of this particular emulator is, it allows you to play almost all the Game Boy games as well as other popular games on your iOS device. That means you don’t need to spend a penny to buy a new Game Boy console!
Apart from the above stated speciality, there are some more features of this iOS emulator that are listed below:
- The inbuilt Dropbox support system of the emulator provides you the facility of uploading your favourite games and sharing the same to your friends.
- External Screen Mirroring followed by Accurate Game Control Panel are the additional features of the emulator.
- The emulator doesn’t require jailbreaking the iOS device to run it.
- You also don’t need any Apple ID to install this emulator to your device.
- Some more amazing features included in this emulator are: Save state support, GBA and GBA skins, Landscape etc.
- The emulator offers you the best GamePlay experience with Game Control Vibration, Custom Control Skins, and cheat codes.
- This advanced GBA4IOS emulator comes with an inbuilt App Browser.
- Along with GBA games this emulator also facilitates you to play all the GBC games on your iOS device.
Download and Installation of GBA4iOS 9 or above
Before getting into the download and installation process of the GBA emulator on your Apple device, there are some prerequisites to take care of. Let’s have a quick check to them:
- Your PC or whatever Apple device you have should be of Mac OS X and Windows 10/8.1/7 version
- You would need a USB Cable to connect your Apple devices to your PC or laptop
- Jailbreaking to your device is not mandatory for the installation of the emulator
- An active and uninterrupted internet connection is the prior requirement for getting the emulator on your devices
- Your devices must have adequate storage space
- GBA4IOS iPA file is mandatory
- Xcode 7 to sideload iPA files or Cydia Impactor is required
Now, let’s dive into the download as well as installation procedures for GBA4IOS emulator on your Apple devices. You can avail this emulator from all Third party app stores, such as: iEmulators, tutu helper, Tweak box etc.
Here I have included a few easy and quick download and installation methods of the GBA4IOS emulator that are eligible for all iDevices.
Method one: Using iEmulator
- Step 1) At first, you need to open inbuilt Safari Browser or any other browser on your Apple device. After that, search for iEmulator and visit their official website.
- Step 2) Next, when you are on the iEmulators’ Home page, tap to navigate to the app section.
- Step 3) After that scroll down to the Tweaks page and find out the GBA4IOS emulator. Then click on it.
- Step 4) Then it leads to a small window pop-up on your device screen that asks you to install. Go to the bottom bar of the window and tap the install button.
- Step 5) After that, it will prompt an install pop-up on the screen. Again click on the install button.
- Step 6) This installation process will take two to three minutes to complete. To quicken the installation process, make sure that your internet connection is working well.
- Step 7) Now, get ready to enjoy the GBA4IOS emulator on your iPhone, iPad or MacBook of version 9.
Method two: From GBA4iOS on Cydia Impactor
- Step 1: First of all, to execute this process you need to install Cydia Impactor as well as an IPA file and iTunes on your Windows Pc or MacBook.
- Step 2: Go to Cydia Impactor official web page and download it from there only. This will make the IPA file loading process easier.
- Step 3: After that visit the attached link to download the GBA4IOS emulator IPA file at free of cost.
Remember to launch the latest updated version of iTunes software on your Apple computer before starting to download iPA files and Cydia Impactor.
- Step 4: After installing the above-mentioned duo, connect your iPhone or iPad to your Windows PC with a USB cable. Make sure that the connection is working properly.
- Step 5: Then extract the downloaded Zip file of Cydia Impactor and run it.
- Step 6: Now move to Step 2 and download the GBA4IOS IPA file. Then drag and drop the same on the Impactor.
- Step 7: After that two similarly prompted windows will appear. And enter your Apple ID and Password on them.
- Step 8: Then tap the start button. It will take two to three minutes to complete the installation process. So, wait till then.
Now, your iDevice is ready to explore new Game Boy games!
Method three: Using TweakBox
- Step 1: At the very first step, download TweakBox on your Apple device. You can use the provided link below for that.
- Step 2: Then open the TweakBox app on your device and move on to the Apps category.
- Step 3: Then go to the Emulator category and search for the GBA4IOS emulator there.
- Step 4: Once you find GBA4IOS, then press the GET button.
- Step 5: Now you will automatically be taken to the installation profile page and then tap the install button.
- Step 6: After that a pop-up will appear on the screen. Just click on the install button on it and ignore other additional instructions.
- Step 7: Then give some time to complete the installation process perfectly. After that go to the home screen. GBA4iOS emulator will appear installed there successfully.
Explain Pros and Cons of this Emulator
The GBA4iOS emulator is like a black horse, you are not able to determine if it is really good or bad to install and use. Though most of the iOS device users prefer to download this emulator and enjoy their desired games on the same, there are still some pros and cons to figure out. Here I am going include an easy table for you:
|GBA4IOS is the top most popular gaming emulator that allows you to download almost all Game Boy games||This app can be invalid after seven days of installation|
|This emulator provides you Game Boy games for free||The developers fail to update the app regularly|
|GBA4IOS helps you download and install ROM directly on the emulator||Performance of the emulator can become laggy|
1. Can we play GBA games on iOS without jailbreak?
Ans. Yes, you can play GBA games by installing the GBA4iOS emulator on your iOS 9 device. No jailbreak is required. You just need to set back the clock to normal time after downloading the emulator on your iOS device.
2. Is it safe to install a GBA emulator on iOS?
Ans. Yes, the GBA emulator is the perfect fit for any iOS 9 device. This emulator makes your device 100% safe to use without any modification.
3. Do I need to pay for the games?
Ans. The GBA emulator on your Apple device allows you to play some of the greatest games absolutely for free. All you need is an iOS 9 device.
Well, that’s a wrap! The above three methods are successfully tried and tested. I hope you will find the most fitting one for your iOS 9 device from these solutions. But if you ask what is my personal favourite? I will suggest the first geek as it is compatible with any iOS version ranging from 7 to 12.