AMD Radeon Settings a necessary tool that improves stability and plays by allowing you to modify graphics card settings. However, hardly, various users have faced issues and claimed that these AMD Radeon Settings couldn’t unlock their computer. This manual will let you know how to repair AMD Radeon settings without opening it. It is a brand of computer items, primarily made for device drivers as well as utilities. It is a tool which controls AMD graphics cards and permits you to modify the settings of graphics card for better gaming.
Possible Reasons of this Problem
Following extensive research, we found that the following causes are the major causes of this issue.
1. Lousy installation
If you have newly installed either advanced the driver installation, it’s possible that the driver wrong installed, which causes this issue at your computer. In case AMD Radeon settings don’t unlock, your driver can have been installed incorrectly.
2. Old driver
AMD driver installation can be outdated. Thus the Radeon settings would not open in your system. Therefore, if AMD Radeon Settings doesn’t open in your system, it suggests updating the driver to the latest version.
3. Windows Installation
At times, Windows automatically changes the driver installed at your system with another. That might damage a few aspects of AMD software and also stops the settings from opening correctly. To fix this issue, you should disable Windows by automatically installing either updating drivers.
Solutions to Solve the Problem
Solution 1 – Quick Tweaks
First, you are required to follow the instant preliminary steps to solve AMD Radeon Settings unopened issue.
- Restart your Windows system. This quick trick solves any glitches or problems with the issue.
- Check-in case you have recently installed any application, hardware so uninstall it and see if the AMD Radeon Settings starts or not.
Moreover, in case the problem persists, then follow the fixes given below.
Solution 2 – Rollback Graphics Card Driver into Previous One
When many users confirm the problem occurs following updating graphics drivers, they must roll back the driver into the older one. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Click Windows Key + R also in the Run dialog box, then type devmgmt.MSC then click Enter.
- It will open the Device Manager, then expand the Display adapters part, right tap on the graphics driver then click on Uninstall Device.
- Then confirm if prompts inquire for the confirmation regarding the new device driver’s uninstallation and hold on for the process to conclude.
- Now go to AMD’s official website and also search for drivers present.
- Go through to search for the driver needed, then right-click at it and select the Download option.
- Following this, install it on your desktop by following the guide on-screen.
Start your system again and check in case the AMD Radeon Settings unopened issue fix.
Solution 3 – Update Windows system
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open Settings, go to Update & Security, then click Windows Update.
- Now tap at the Check for updates option.
- Check if any updates are present, then click on download and install it.
- After updating Windows, start your system again and check if the issue is fixed or try next to fix it.
Solution 4 – Change AMD Registry Setting
And to fix it, you are required to modify your registry. Follow the below steps to do that:
- Select Windows + R key, then in the Run box, enter Regedit and click Enter.
- At the left, go to the registry provided: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN.
- And select this key, then find an entry named DriverVersion, then right-click on it following the menu click on Modify.
- Next, tap on the Ctrl + Shift + Esc button to open Task Manager and kill full AMD-related processes.
- Following at the bottom left section, tap on More details to increase Task Manager and find any AMD-related processes such as its primary executable and others. They are at right in Background processes. And select them one by one, then choose the End Task part from the window’s lower right section.
- Finally, start AMD Radeon Settings again.
Solution 5 – Do a Clean Install of AMD Radeon Graphics Card Driver
In case none of the above-provided fixes works for you to solve the AMD Radeon Settings issue. So here, it recommends installing AMD Radeon Graphics Driver again. Follow the steps below to do that:
- The first download plus save the correct AMD driver through the AMD official website.
- Now, download as well as save Display Driver Uninstaller.
- And, ensure to disable antivirus either any other security application installed in your system.
- Also, from the C:/AMD folder, remove the contents from all older drivers.
- Following open Control Panel then uninstall a program click on AMD and uninstall all.
- Boot in Safe Mode, then run DDU and allow it to restart your system, then install new drivers following start your system again.
In case you are still having AMD graphics card driver problems, then here it recommends playing the Driver Easy. It is the latest tool, which, just by scanning once, resolves entire driver-related problems and updates the complete system drivers in some clicks. So, now AMD Radeon Settings will not open the issue, and you might open AMD Radeon Settings only in Windows 10.
1. How do I open my AMD settings?
To open Radeon Additional Settings:
- Choose AMD Settings Application. It might do with any method:
- Right-tap on your desktop and click on AMD Radeon Settings.
- Choose the Radeon Settings option in System Tray.
- Tap on AMD Radeon Settings through the Programs option.
2. How do I reset AMD Radeon?
Follow the steps given below to restore Radeon Settings into defaults factory settings:
- Open Radeon™ Settings by right-clicking at your desktop and click on AMD Radeon Settings.
- Tap on Preferences.
- Select Restore Factory Defaults.
- Tap Yes to confirm.
- When done, close Radeon Settings.
3. How to fix AMD driver crash?
Go through the steps to do that:
- In the browser at top right part > right select the More option.
- Select More tools > Extensions, then a list of installed extensions displays.
- Now disable extensions that make an issue and start your browser again.
4. How do I Update my AMD Radeon Settings Application?
By Utilizing the dropdowns given, choose the appropriate card data, and select Display Results. Once done, you will look at AMD Driver. Roll down to Features as well as tap on the Download option. While the installation did ensure the game client concluded entirely and restart your system. Your drivers are presently officially advanced.
Thus here the task is done, and I hope the solutions provided work for you to fix AMD Radeon Settings won’t open the problem. Now it’s your chance to follow the fixes provided and open AMD Radeon Settings.